Ilex Skin Protectant Paste, 2 Oz Tube, Case of 12
Ilex Skin Protectant Paste is a topical hydro active skin barrier that seals out wetness and protects severely damaged skin. Ilex is the only skin protectant that provides a 0.00cmhr moisture penetration rate.
Ilex Skin Protectant Paste is a topical barrier designed to provide soothing, healing relief to patients who suffer from skin breakdown and irritation. By easing the discomfort, this non-toxic petrolatum-based product may actually decrease the need for pain and anxiety medication.
Ilex does not contain alcohol or latex, so it is safe to use on the most fragile skin such as neonates.
Ilex is particularly effective against digestive and urinary acids and is currently being used for four main medical conditions:
- Pediatric and adult peri-anal excoriation
- Severe diaper dermatitis
- G-tube site irritations and excoriation
- Ostomy site irritations and excoriation
- Creates a moist environment that helps prevent infection and maximize healing
- Minimizes trauma to existing wounds & limits maceration
- Adheres to moist weeping tissue
- Washes off easily with soap and water
- Soft, flexible and easy to apply
- Inert and non-toxic - contains no alcohol or latex
- Bio-compatible with ostomy appliances and other medical and surgical devices
- Causes no friction and is non-sensitizing
- Ilex is not absorbed systemically so it is safe to use on newborns and geriatrics Hospital and Pediatrician recommended